On Saturday, January 11, educators gathered at the Tacoma Professional Development Center to dig into NGSS and apply the Science and Engineering Practices to their local environments. After investigating the “schoolyard” for events and processes that might pique students’ interests, one participant noted, “I loved being able to dig in with the phenomena for my grade and school. I was able to make a plan for how to scaffold, and it was nice to have the time to apply this to my classroom.” Educators left with the tools and motivation to take their students outside, in order to discover the phenomena of the natural world right where they live, learn and play.
Filter by Category
Sort by Month
- Writing Solutions Oriented Storylines: Focus on Solar Energy
- Solutions Oriented Learning Storylines Fire: Forest Management and Skills
- Solutions Oriented Learning Storylines with Nonformal Educators
- Wildfires in Western Washington- May 2020
- Climate Science Series for Grades 3-5: April/May Canvas Course
all-day Solutions Oriented Learning Stor...
Solutions Oriented Learning Stor...
Aug 10 – Aug 13 all-day
By Invitation Only Educators will participate in a storyline writing workshop about coastal natural hazards to develop K-2, 3-5, middle school, and high school storylines. We will be working in grade level teams to write[...]