20 K-12 teachers and Informal Science Educators met at The Reach Museum in Kennewick/Richland WA to learn from U of W geology and climate scientist Heidi Roop, PNNL ecologist and data scientist, Kyle Larson and WA Green School’s Becky Bronstein to learn more about the relationship and effects of climate on the frequency and severity of wildfire in Washington state and specifically in the sagebrush-steppe ecosystem of SE Washington.
Filter by Category
Sort by Month
- Writing Solutions Oriented Storylines: Focus on Solar Energy
- Solutions Oriented Learning Storylines Fire: Forest Management and Skills
- Solutions Oriented Learning Storylines with Nonformal Educators
- Wildfires in Western Washington- May 2020
- Climate Science Series for Grades 3-5: April/May Canvas Course
all-day Solutions Oriented Learning Stor...
Solutions Oriented Learning Stor...
Aug 10 – Aug 13 all-day
By Invitation Only Educators will participate in a storyline writing workshop about coastal natural hazards to develop K-2, 3-5, middle school, and high school storylines. We will be working in grade level teams to write[...]