In ESD 114, 21 5th grade teachers gathered to learn about Washington Green School’s 5th grade unit called Zombie Guacamole. In this NGSS-driven and phenomenon-based curriculum, students explore the factors of decomposition to understand how a bowl of guacamole was perfectly preserved at the bottom of a 25-year-old landfill. Students also understand the climate impacts associated with food transportation and food waste.
Filter by Category
Sort by Month
- Writing Solutions Oriented Storylines: Focus on Solar Energy
- Solutions Oriented Learning Storylines Fire: Forest Management and Skills
- Solutions Oriented Learning Storylines with Nonformal Educators
- Wildfires in Western Washington- May 2020
- Climate Science Series for Grades 3-5: April/May Canvas Course
all-day Solutions Oriented Learning Stor...
Solutions Oriented Learning Stor...
Aug 10 – Aug 13 all-day
By Invitation Only Educators will participate in a storyline writing workshop about coastal natural hazards to develop K-2, 3-5, middle school, and high school storylines. We will be working in grade level teams to write[...]