Students will demonstrate understanding of natural resources and their uses with respect to their impact on the Earth. Students will do short explanations, drawing an image, and providing evidence to support an argument.
Assessment 3D Learning Target
Use data to support a claim about the effects of renewable and non-renewable energy sources used in electricity production.
PE: 4-ESS3-1: Obtain and combine information to describe that energy and fuels are derived from natural resources and their uses affect the environment.
By Dimension: Specific dimension pieces that this assessment will center on.
Obtaining, Evaluating, and Communicating Information
- Obtain and combine information from books and other reliable media to explain phenomena.
Engaging in Argument from Evidence
- Construct and/or support an argument with evidence, data, and/or a model.
- Use data to evaluate claims about cause and effect.
ESS3.A: Natural Resources
- Energy and fuels that humans use are derived from natural sources, and their use affects the environment in multiple ways. Some resources are renewable over time, and others are not.
Cause and Effect
- Cause and effect relationships are routinely identified, tested, and used to explain change.