Thirty-one teachers from across the Puget Sound region joined Karina Vanderbilt Multilingual Learning Director at Puget Sound ESD for a day of learning about how to support multilingual learners in science classroom. We started the day by experiencing a lesson on decomposition taught completely in Spanish. The rest of the day was spent exploring strategies to support multilingual learners while we experienced additional science lessons on the topic. To support teachers as they take this work into their practice, participants have the opportunity to attend two online PLCs. In the PLCs they continue to learn how to support multilingual learners in science and talk about how they will bring this into their classrooms.
Filter by Category
Sort by Month
- Writing Solutions Oriented Storylines: Focus on Solar Energy
- Solutions Oriented Learning Storylines Fire: Forest Management and Skills
- Solutions Oriented Learning Storylines with Nonformal Educators
- Wildfires in Western Washington- May 2020
- Climate Science Series for Grades 3-5: April/May Canvas Course
all-day Solutions Oriented Learning Stor...
Solutions Oriented Learning Stor...
Aug 10 – Aug 13 all-day
By Invitation Only Educators will participate in a storyline writing workshop about coastal natural hazards to develop K-2, 3-5, middle school, and high school storylines. We will be working in grade level teams to write[...]