Join Pacific Education Institute (PEI) and our ClimeTime partners for a deep dive into regenerative agriculture, focusing on the western Washington region. Participants will learn about the Solutions Oriented Learning Storyline format, designed around six guiding principles: centering tribal perspectives, local anchoring phenomena, culturally responsive practices, NGSS three-dimensional student growth measures, a solutions-oriented approach to drawing down greenhouse gases, and opportunities to elevate student voices in their communities.
All storylines include six criteria:
- Strategies to work with local tribes to center Indigenous ways of knowing
- 3-D NGSS assessment tools to demonstrate student growth
- Strategies and tools for formative assessment to strengthen inclusive teacher instruction for all learners
- Locally, relevant, place-based topics
- Lessons to calculate and implement solutions to draw down greenhouse gases
- Strategies to elevate student voice
This opportunity is for classroom teachers teaching grades K-12 in Washington public schools, and includes two online Zoom sessions and asynchronous learning opportunities on Google Classroom*.
- December 1, 2021, 4 PM to 6 PM
- Asynchronous work (approx. 2 hours)
- December 14, 2021, 4 PM to 6 PM
Participants who attend all online sessions and complete all asynchronous work will receive:
- 6 STEM Washington state approved clock hours
- $80 participation stipend
*Please note: Participants will need a Google account to access asynchronous activities.
Registration: By invitation only