10441 Bay View-Edison RD
A Professional Development workshop for Middle and High School Teachers
Participants in this workshop will:
- Gain knowledge of climate change and ocean acidification in the Pacific Northwest
- Explore sources of local environmental data and work towards incorporating data into inquiry-based science learning experiences;
- Receive materials and activities included in the Ocean Sciences Sequence (OSS) curriculum on Climate Change developed by UC Berkeley Lawrence Hall of Science
- Become familiar with and utilize Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) to foster “three dimensional” learning through Cross Cutting Concepts, Core Disciplinary Ideas, and Science and Engineering Practices.
What you will receive:
- 21 STEM Clock Hours (free)
- Ocean Sciences Sequence curriculum
- Lunch and light refreshments
- $100 stipend upon implementation in classroom
Questions? Call or email: Susan Wood, email@example.com
Note – if COVID-19 restrictions still prevent in-person gatherings in late June, we will adapt this into a live online training.